If you want to create better health in your body, there are definitely some things you must not do: You must not get angry at your body for any reason. Anger is another affirmation, and it’s telling your body that you hate it, or parts of it. Your cells are very aware of every thought you have. Think of your body as a servant that’s working as hard as it can to keep you in perfect health no matter how you treat it.
Your body knows how to heal itself. If you feed it healthy foods and beverages, give it exercise and sufficient sleep, and think happy thoughts, then its work is easy. The cells are working in a happy, healthy atmosphere. However, if you’re a couch potato who feeds your body junk food and lots of diet soda, and you skimp on sleep and are grouchy and irritable all the time, then the cells in your body are working at a disadvantage-they’re in a disagreeable atmosphere. If this is the case, it’s no wonder that your body isn’t as healthy as you’d like it to be.
You’ll never create good health by talking or thinking about your illness. Good health comes from love and appreciation. You want to put as much love into your body as you possibly can. Talk to it and stroke it in loving ways. If there’s a part of your body that’s ailing or dis-eased, then you want to treat it as you would a sick little child. Tell it how much you love it, and that you’re doing everything you can to help it get well quickly.
If you’re sick, then you want to do more than just go to the doctor and have him or her give you a chemical to take care of the symptom. Your body is telling you that something you’re doing isn’t good for your body. You need to learn more about health-the more you learn, the easier it is to take care of your body. You don’t want to choose to feel like a victim. If you do, you’ll just be giving your power away. You could go to a health-food store and pick up one of the many good books that teach you how to keep yourself healthy, or you could see a nutritionist and have a healthy diet created just for you, but whatever you do, create a healthy, happy mental atmosphere. Be a willing participant in your own health plan.
I believe that we create every so-called illness in our body. The body, like everything else in life, is a mirror of our inner thoughts and beliefs. Our body is always talking to us; we just need to take the time to listen. Every cell within our body responds to every single thought we think and every word we speak.
Continuous modes of thinking and speaking produce body behaviors and postures and “eases,” or dis-eases. The person who has a permanently scowling face didn’t produce that by having joyous, loving thoughts. Older people’s faces and bodies so clearly show a lifetime of thinking patterns. How will you look when you’re elderly?
Learn to accept that your life is not a series of random events, but a pathway of awakening. If you live every day in this way, you’ll never grow old. You’ll just keep growing. Imagine the day you turn 49 as the infancy of another life. A woman who reaches age 50 today and remains free of cancer and heart disease can expect to see her 92nd birthday. You and only you have the ability to customize your own life cycle. So change your thinking now and get going! You’re here for a very important reason, and everything you need is available to you.
You can choose to think thoughts that create a mental atmosphere that contributes to illness, or you can choose to think thoughts that create a healthy atmosphere both within you and around you. (My book Heal Your Body is a comprehensive guide to the metaphysical causes of dis-ease, and it includes all the affirmations you’ll need to overcome any ailment.)
Affirmations for Health
- I enjoy the foods that are best for my body. I love every cell of my body.
- I look forward to a healthy old age because I take loving care of my body now.
- I am constantly discovering new ways to improve my health.
- I return my body to optimal health by giving it what it needs on every level.
- I am pain free and totally in sync with life.
- Healing happens! I get my mind out of the way and allow the intelligence of my body to do its healing work naturally.
- My body is always doing its best to create perfect health.
- I balance my life between work, rest, and play. They all get equal time.
- I am grateful to be alive today. It is my joy and pleasure to live another wonderful day.
- I am willing to ask for help when I need it. I always choose the health professional who is just right for my needs.
- I trust my intuition. I am willing to listen to that still, small voice within.
- I get plenty of sleep every night. My body appreciates how I take care of it.
- I lovingly do everything I can to assist my body in maintaining perfect health.
- I have a special guardian angel. I am Divinely guided and protected at all times.
- Perfect health is my Divine right, and I claim it now.
- I devote a portion of my time to helping others. It is good for my own health.
- I make healthy choices. I have respect for myself.
- I am grateful for my healthy body. I love life.
- I am the only person who has control over my eating habits. I can always resist something if I choose to.
- Water is my favorite beverage. I drink lots of water to cleanse my body and mind.
- Filling my mind with pleasant thoughts is the quickest road to health.
- My happy thoughts help create my healthy body.
- I go within and connect with that part of myself that knows how to heal.
- I breathe deeply and fully. I take in the breath of life, and I am nourished.